Closing on: Closed
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Part-time Permanent, 24 hours/week
Salary: $25,000 per annum
Start date: End of August 2020
MOCA Toronto reopened in its new home in the Junction Triangle on September 22, 2018. Under the leadership of Kathleen Bartels, MOCA Toronto is a place of conversation, exchange and exploration where visitors of all ages and backgrounds can be part of a global creative moment.
MOCA Toronto welcomes visitors to three phases of exhibitions a year featuring work from Canadian and world-recognized artists that explores the themes of our time. Located on Sterling Road, in the culturally rich Junction Triangle community, the museum is housed on the first five floors of the historic Tower Automotive Building, a former aluminium factory known for its unique architecture.
The evolution of MOCA Toronto is made possible through public sector funders, private donors, members, sponsors and a network of cross-sectoral partners.
The Development Assistant offers administrative support to MOCA Toronto’s development department, handling a variety of tasks related to institutional and individual giving. The Development Assistant oversees membership fulfillment, servicing and communication, and assists with communication materials related to the membership program. They may also be required to support grant writing efforts, help with the maintenance of donor records, and monitor the development department’s calendar of events.
The role involves assisting with the growth of the membership program and supporting the cultivation and stewardship of current and prospective donors.
The required equipment will be provided as this position will be primarily work from home due to COVID-19. Occasional onsite meetings may be required. Pre-COVID this was an entirely onsite position. As with all staff, we are in ongoing discussions of what working on site may look like in the coming months.
- Assist the Membership Officer with day-to-day member relations, including email and voicemail correspondence as needed, resolving member service issues flagged by the Visitor Experience team, and providing a high level of professionalism and consistency to communication
- Lead membership fulfillment, card printing, and thank you letters
- Supervise volunteer to assist with membership package mail-outs
- Monitor inventory of membership card stock and mailing supplies
- Support the Membership Officer in the planning and execution of a suite of member benefits such as special events/receptions, private gallery tours, and offsite partnership events
- Maintain accurate records, input fundraising-related activity, generate reports and manage contact lists in both DonorPerfect and Agile Ticketing, helping to uphold the integrity of MOCA Toronto’s databases
- Process all financial contributions and receipts from donors, sponsors and grantors in DonorPerfect and issue the appropriate tax receipts
- Process memberships, as needed, in Agile Ticketing and issue member tax receipts
- Ensure privacy and data quality controls, including regular maintenance of DonorPerfect database
- Maintain electronic and paper filing systems
- Coordinate and execute the timely acknowledgement of all supporters including correspondence, tax receipt mail out, as well as print, web and on-site signage recognition
- Support departmental scheduling needs as requested
- Support the cultivation, solicitation and retention of donors, sponsors and grants through prospect identification and research as requested
- Actively research and keep up-to-date on portfolio-relevant trends, innovations and technologies
- Be an informed member of Development team, make creative connections between people, projects and programs to increase revenues and donor/sponsor/funder engagement
- Maintain a high degree of motivation, work ethic and superior attention to detail
- Participate in and support additional organizational projects as requested
- Occasional evening/weekend work may be required
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Relevant post-secondary education including degrees and/or certificates in fundraising, marketing/communications or arts administration is considered an asset
- Experience with relational databases and/or CRM platforms is essential, previous experience with DonorPerfect and Agile Ticketing is preferred
- Practical experience cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding donations and/or memberships of $2,000 and above
- Experience coordinating or supporting membership programs and/or annual giving campaigns
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrated project management expertise
- Outstanding social, customer service and relationship management skills
- Highly effective and clear written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with senior board and committee level volunteers is considered an asset
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Toronto’s arts community is considered an asset
- Experience working at multi-stakeholder not-for-profit and/or in a start-up environment is considered an asset
- Professional and polished
- Social and personable
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- A strong multitasker
- Flexible and agile
- Proactive, demonstrates initiative and problem-solving ability
- Takes ownership and is accountable
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Equity and Diversity
MOCA Toronto advocates equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and is committed to diversity in the workplace.
MOCA Toronto is committed to ensuring that MOCA Toronto is an inclusive space where community members are treated with respect and dignity. MOCA Toronto encourages applications from everyone, including but not limited to women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, people with disabilities and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for this position. Thank you for your interest in working at MOCA Toronto.